Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Dog gone it!

What a sad day: my friend, buddy and pal, Sarg, had to go.

Sarg is a 12-week-old Boxer I was dog-setting for a friend for the last three weeks. Sarg's owner came and took him home recently. What a sad, sad day! I really miss by little, playful buddy.

Sarg was cool. He wasn't 100% house broken, but we were working on it. Most of the time, he would let me know when he had to go outside to do his thing; he would bark.

And as puppies goes, he's a chewer. Man he could chew. Over the three weeks he was a member of my household, he didn't get to sink his baby teeth into anything important, but before he left, he torched my wife's book. Oops! Oh, did I hear it from my wife! This is a reason he's not here today.

Sarg was playful. Loves kids. He hung out with me in my office everyday. I would take him walking. He didn't care much for his crate. When it was time to go in it for the night, he would resist. "Hey man, I'm not coming - you got to come get me."

Like all dogs, he loves to eat. He would eat his food and my cat's food, too. Quest (my cat's name, well, my wife's cat) would give me one of those majestic, "queen of the hill" cat looks, saying, "Man, what are you going to do about this dog. This is my house...and my food. I was here first."  Sorry Quest.

I sure do miss Sarg. Dog gone it!

No comments:

Post a Comment