Friday, March 1, 2024

Aged to Perfection

 

Aged to perfection. That's me

Turning 70, the completion of 69 years, is more than a number. It represents a significant milestone, an achievement, a marker, that many people have not reached. Grace and mercy got me this far. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, empowered me to see and realize how important it is for me to endeavor to please God and do His will.

The launch of my 7th decade is a significant point of personal development in my life. The years leading up to this point in the life of Walter Pritchard, Jr. are stunning. I’m seeing a new perspective on life - a refreshing way of observing conditions, situations and topics.

I have a satchel full of wisdom, insight, and knowledge that can be applied toward the betterment of people around me; I’m an influencer, or at least should be.

What am I to do with it? That is the question. The answer is in God’s Word. “And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times.” -Psalm 12:6

What does Psalm 12:6 mean?

A theme of David's writing is full confidence in God's goodness, His wisdom, and His Word (Psalm 18:30; 33:4; 40:8). Here, David uses the example of refining precious metals to explain the perfection and purity of God's Word.

Metals such as silver and gold are separated from impurities by melting; these burn away most of the worthless material. Repeating this process, using different techniques or by adding other chemicals, can further separate out undesirable substances. 

Here, David refers to the number of perfections, seven, applying it to the refinement of God's Word. The Lord's statements are perfect and complete. In His prayer for His followers, Jesus asks the Father to sanctify them by His Word. He adds, "Your word is truth" (John 17:17). 


No comments:

Post a Comment